Entering Queensland for essential health care
Easing of restrictions for all of Queensland
From 6am AEST Thursday 15 April 2021, restrictions for all of Queensland have eased.
COVID-19 vaccine update
On 9 April 2021 the Australian Government updated its advice on the rollout of the AstraZeneca vaccine.
Updates for anyone traveling to or from Queensland
Leaving QLD to go interstate
Check your destination's state government travel restrictions for the latest information.
Read more about travelling outside of QLD.
Entering Queensland from any Australian state or territory
You can enter Queensland from any Australian state or territory.
Read more about entering Queensland.
What’s changed from 17 March 2021
- The Border Restrictions Direction has been revoked:
- There are no COVID-19 hotspots in Australia
- You are free to enter Queensland from any Australian state or territory for any purpose
- The Queensland Border Declaration Pass system is not active. You do not need a border pass to enter Queensland.
- The Operational protocol for freight movements entering Queensland has been revoked.
- The Operational protocol for disaster management workers entering Queensland has been revoked.
- View the Quarantine for International Arrivals Direction for information about entering Queensland from overseas.
If there is a need for border restrictions to be put in place in the future, the Border Restrictions Direction and the Queensland Border Declaration Pass system may be reinstated.
Emergency health care
If your situation is an emergency, call Triple Zero (000).