Tips for new parents
Becoming a new parent is one of life’s great challenges. The following links and websites will provide tips and advice to help you along the way.
Before your baby is born
- Read about the financial assistance that may be available and your parental leave options.
- Budgeting for a baby may allow you to worry less about money and focus more on caring for your child.
- Find out about the essentials you'll need when your baby comes home.
- Prepare your home.
Looking after your new baby
The first few weeks as a new parent can be challenging, but there are ways to make it easier.
Find advice on:
- becoming a parent
- safe sleeping techniques
- washing your baby
- calming a crying baby—you can also watch a video with tips to help a crying baby.
Your baby’s health and wellbeing
There is a lot of guidance available to help you take care of your baby’s health and wellbeing.
Find information about:
- health issues from breastfeeding to sleeping problems
- baby and early childhood health concerns
- health and daily care for newborns—(0–3 months)
- health and daily care for babies—(3–12 months).