Central Queensland coal project
- Construction and operation of a greenfield, open-cut coal mine extracting up to 10 million tonnes per year of product thermal and coking coal.
- Two open-cut mine pits.
- Conventional truck and shovel methods.
- Two conventional coal handling and preparation plants and a conveyor system to transport coal to a new train load-out facility.
- A new train load-out facility to transport coal from the mine via the existing North Coast Rail Line to Dalrymple Bay Coal Terminal.
- Haul road and ancillary access tracks.
- A water management system including: a large mine water dam, a levee, a smaller mine water dam and four sediment dams.
- Central Queensland Coal Pty Ltd and Fairway Coal Pty Ltd, wholly owned subsidiaries of Mineralogy Pty Ltd.
- Approximately 130km northwest of Rockhampton and approximately 25km northwest of Marlborough.
- Livingstone Shire Council.
- Approximately 24 years.
- Up to 222 (construction).
- Approximately 500 (operational).
Commonwealth Approval needed
- Yes (controlled action 2016/7851) single EIS assessment process for Queensland and the Commonwealth.
Environmental Impact Statement (EIS)
On 28 April 2021 the EIS Assessment Report was given to the proponent in accordance with section 60 of the Environmental Protection Act 1994 (EP Act). The EIS process under Chapter 3, Part 1 of the EP Act is now completed.
- Submission of draft TOR
- Public notification of draft TOR
- Final TOR issued—EIS in preparation
- Public notification of EIS
- Proponent responds to submissions
- EIS assessment report
Publicly available documents can be obtained by accessing the links below. The EIS can be obtained from Central Queensland Coal Pty Ltd, by contacting the proponent on 07 3832 2044 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Initial Advice Statement
- Draft Terms of Reference
- s42 Public Notice
- s46 Public Notice
- s51 & s52 EIS Notice
For further information about the EIS process for this proposal, contact the EIS Coordinator (Central Queensland Coal project) on 13QGOV (13 74 68) or email email@example.com