Skip links and keyboard navigation

Leases, licences and permits to occupy

The Queensland Government manages state land for the benefit of all Queenslanders. Under the Land Act 1994, unallocated state land can be made available through leases, licences and permits to occupy.

This guide explains how to complete and lodge applications in regards to leases, licences and permits to occupy. For more information on these and other forms of tenure, read our guide on types of land tenure.


For more information, including advice on how to fill out application forms, contact your nearest business centre or call 13 QGOV (13 74 68).

Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia (CC BY 3.0)
Last reviewed
2 March 2017
Last updated
29 May 2014
  1. Is your feedback about:
  2. (If you chose ‘website’ above)

    Page feedback

    1. How satisfied are you with your experience today? *
  3. (If you chose ‘service’ above)

    Feedback on government services, departments and staff

    Please use our complaints and compliments form.