Climate change risk management tool for households
Queenslanders are starting to think more about how climate change could affect them, their families, households and belongings. Understanding how to manage climate risks now will help households to reduce future damage costs and impacts on their health, wellbeing and livelihoods.
The climate change risk management tool has been developed to help households start taking the first steps to identify and respond to climate related risks . It contains information on climate change, checklists to assess associated risks, and links to other resources.
In taking these first steps, households can improve their awareness of future risks and be better prepared to respond to present day weather extremes.
- Checklist for rapid climate change risk screening
- Checklist for climate change risk assessment and action plan development
- Information booklet and resources
- Case study example of the checklist for climate change risk assessment and action plan development.
Helpful tips for using the tool
- You can work through the tool from beginning to end or use the individual sections.
- Two parts of the tool take the form of checklists that allow you to enter your own responses (sections 2 and 3).
- The key output from the tool is a completed climate change risk assessment and action plan (section 3).
- Save the tool to keep your responses.