Climate change risk management tool for small businesses
Small businesses face a wide variety of risks including those emerging under a changing climate. These include physical impacts to buildings and staff from extreme weather events, supply chain and market disruptions, or changing affordability of insurance and finance.
The climate change risk management tool contains information on climate change, the related risks and checklists to assess these risks. It is simple to use and provides links to other resources.
By taking these first steps in determining the risks faced from extreme weather events and a changing climate, small businesses will be better equipped to respond.
- Checklist for rapid climate change risk screening
- Checklist for climate change risk assessment and action plan development
- Information booklet and more resources
- Case study example of the checklist for climate change risk assessment and action plan development.
Helpful tips for using the tool
- You can work through the tool from beginning to end or use the individual sections.
- Two parts of the tool take the form of checklists that allow you to enter your own responses (sections 2 and 3).
- The key output from the tool is the completion of the climate change risk assessment and action plan (section 3).
- Save the tool to keep your responses.