When the employer and the apprentice or trainee (including school-based) agree that all competencies outlined in the training plan have been achieved, the completion process may be started.
Cancelling the training contract
As the training contract is legally binding, it can only be cancelled in certain circumstances.
See cancellation of a training contract for detailed information.
Contact Apprenticeships Info on 1800 210 210 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if:
- you believe it is likely a training contract may be cancelled
- you know that a training contract has been cancelled without following the required process.
Changing the supervising registered training organisation
The employer and the apprentice or trainee may agree they want to change their supervising registered training organisation (SRTO).
In this circumstance, you have certain responsibilities:
- If the agreement with you is ending, you must provide a statement of attainment confirming the training that has been completed under the training plan (on or before the day the agreement ends).
- If you agree to become the replacement SRTO, you must develop a new training plan with the apprentice or trainee and their employer, within 28 days of the replacement date. You and the employer also need to complete a Change of supervising registered training organisation form.
Penalties may apply if you do not meet your responsibilities.
A training contract may be transferred from one employer to another. The types of transfers are:
- Temporary transfer – where an employer and apprentice or trainee agree to temporarily transfer the training contract to another employer for a period of not more than 12 months.
- Permanent transfer – where an employer and apprentice or trainee agree to transfer the training contract permanently to another employer.
- Statutory transfer – where an employer’s business has been sold/dissolved or the partnership has dissolved and the new owner(s) agree to continue the training contract.
For all transfers, you will be required to negotiate a training plan with the apprentice or trainee and new employer within 28 days of the transfer.
If the topic you are interested in is not covered on this page, please contact Apprenticeships Info on 1800 210 210 or email email@example.com.