If you are a parent of a child with disability, Parent Connect can help you determine the best possible supports for your family.
Depending on your needs, your family can access a range of supports including information, referral to mainstream or community organisations, short-term case co-ordination and planning support to assist you to identify the next steps needed to reach your family’s goals.
Supports are offered for up to a 12 month period.
Accessing Parent Connect
Any parent whose child aged 0-17 years has a diagnosis or suspected disability or developmental delay will be considered for support. You can contact a provider in your local area directly or be referred by a disability service, community organisation, or service provider (e.g. hospitals or GPs).
Parent Connect providers
Parent Connect is delivered by the following non-government service providers:
- Cairns Far North Queensland—The Benevolent Society
- Townsville North Queensland—The Cootharinga Society of North Queensland
- Sunshine Coast—Sunshine Coast Children’s Therapy Centre
- Brisbane North—Mission Australia
- Brisbane South—Mission Australia
- Gold Coast—The Benevolent Society
- Visit the Parent Connect website
Between 2016 and 2019 the provision of disability services will transition to the NDIS in line with Queensland’s transition schedule. The Parent Connect initiative will continue to provide specialist disability services throughout this period. Further information is available at the NDIS website.