Specialist supports for school leavers
Support is available to help young people with disability move from school to adult life. Support options available will depend on where you live and when your area transitions to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
The NDIS is progressively rolling out across Queensland between 2016 and 2019.
My Future: My Life
My Future: My Life is available while you are still at school to help you plan for your life after school by examining your strengths, interests and potential options to reach your goals.
This program is available until the NDIS transition starts in your area.
For more information or to apply, please visit My Future: My Life or contact 1300 MY PLAN (1300 697 526).
The NDIS is the new way of providing disability support for people with disability in Queensland and across Australia.
NDIS supports available to eligible young people with disability who are leaving school are reasonable and necessary supports based on an individual plan.
If you are leaving school at the end of 2018, no matter where you live in Queensland, your specialist disability supports are available by contacting the NDIS.
You can contact the NDIS to request access if you live in the following areas:
- Logan and Redlands
- Brisbane suburbs
- Gold Coast and Hinterland areas.
- Fraser Coast, North Burnett, South Burnett and Cherbourg
- Cairns, Cassowary Coast, Tablelands, Croydon, Etheridge, Cape York and Torres Strait.
- Townsville, Hinchinbrook, Burdekin, west to Mount Isa and up to the Gulf
- Mackay, Isaac and Whitsundays
- Rockhampton, Gladstone and west to the borders
- Toowoomba and west to the borders
- Ipswich, Lockyer, Scenic Rim and Somerset
You can contact the NDIS to request access from July 2018 if you live in:
- Moreton Bay including Strathpine and Caboolture
- Sunshine Coast, Noosa and Gympie
Visit the NDIS website or call 1800 800 110.