What if I need help?
Help! I’m finding it really hard to take the first step to make an access request.
If you need help to understand the NDIS, access the scheme, or to prepare for and create a first plan, you can contact a Local Area Coordinator (LAC).
If you have a child aged 0-6 who has a developmental delay or disability you can contact a local Early Childhood Partner. Early Childhood Partners provide NDIS early childhood early intervention services and are your pathway to the NDIS.
Use the NDIS online search to find your nearest LAC or Early Childhood Partner.
Queensland Government assistance
Queensland Government, with the support of the Australian Government, is helping people access the NDIS through the Assessment and Referral Team (ART).
ART work directly with individuals to support them through NDIS Access Request process from start to finish. This includes:
- preparing and collecting relevant documentation
- filling out NDIS forms
- arranging specialist assessments, where required
- discussing your disability related needs with specialists and doctors
- sending your forms to the NDIS
- keeping track of your application until the process is finished.
Using an advocacy service
Advocacy services can assist with NDIS-related issues and information. To find an advocacy organisation who may be able to help visit:
- Queensland Government funded advocacy services, including Disability and Community Care advocacy services or
- the National Disability Advocacy Program.
Reviewing a decision
If you disagree with a decision the National Disability Insurance Agency has made about accessing the NDIS or the supports in your plan, you can ask for an internal review of the decision.
Online resources can help you better understand the NDIS and get ready to apply. A range of publications and fact sheets are available on the NDIS website including:
- Participant booklets
- Factsheets and checklists for participants
- Easy English factsheets for participants
- Language and interpreting services. On the Multilingual Disability Hub you can access information on the NDIS in your language.
- NDIS stories and videos