How can I support my employee who is experiencing domestic violence?
- Family and domestic violence leave This will open (www.fairwork.gov.au) Find out about your entitlement to unpaid domestic and family violence leave as part of the National Employment Standards.
- White Ribbon Workplace Accreditation Program This will open (www.whiteribbon.org.au) The White Ribbon Workplace Accreditation Program helps create safer and more respectful workplaces by recognising workplaces taking steps to stop violence against women. Find out how to get your workplace involved.
- Combatting domestic and family violence as a community This will open (www.justice.qld.gov.au) Learn about how you can take up the challenge to raise awareness about domestic and family violence.
- Domestic and family violence support for Queensland's public service This will open (www.forgov.qld.gov.au) Domestic and family violence can impact a person’s safety, wellbeing, attendance, and performance at work. We have developed a DFV workplace package to strengthen support for affected Queensland Government employees.
- Flexible working arrangements Find out about types of flexible working arrangements, how to negotiate with your employer about this and make a written request.