Queensland Community Support Scheme
If you need a small amount of help to keep or regain your independence, the Queensland Community Support Scheme (QCSS) can help you to continue living safely in your home and actively participate in your community.
You may be eligible for the QCSS if you are under 65 years old (or under 50 years old for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people) with:
- a disability (and are not eligible for the National Disability Insurance Scheme)
- chronic illness, mental health or other condition, or
- other circumstances that impact your ability to live independently in the community.
What support is available?
The QCSS can help you get out and about in your community, including:
- recreational activities such as local social groups or the library
- visits to the doctor or another health professional
It can also help you at home with things like:
- meal preparation
- cleaning and household chores
- personal care, such as showering and dressing
- basic home maintenance like mowing, cleaning windows or helping you with your garden.
How do I apply?
Contact the QCSS Access Point:
- Telephone 1800 600 300
- Email QCSSaccesspoint@ozcare.org.au.
You can also register online.
You don't need a referral.
If you're eligible, QCSS Access Point Assessors will then talk to you about how you are coping with daily living and the supports you need.