Far North Queensland flooding - March 2018
For people impacted by the flooding in the following locations within the Cassowary Coast Regional Council area:
Streets: Corinda Street (east from Sherwood Street), Hilda Street, Jodrell Street, Marjorie Street, Payne Street, Alba Street, Duffy Street, Florence Street, Brownlee Street, Howe Street, River Road, Sherwood Street, and the Esplanade
Streets: Bliss Street, Cahill Street, and Webb Crescent
Streets: Bliss Street, and Louis Road
we have activated the following grants:
Enquiries can be made by contacting the Community Recovery Hotline 1800 173 349.
Services following a disaster
Government and non-government organisations provide a range of services following a disaster that may include:
- information on self-recovery
- referral to support agencies
- direct personal support and referral to counselling
- referral to financial counselling
- referral to mental health
- referral to agencies providing material assistance
- financial assistance and emergency relief funding
- referral to accommodation and housing services
- referral to other agencies to assist resilience building
- long-term support to assist with individual and community resilience through community development strategies and activities.
Phone the Community Recovery Hotline on 1800 173 349.