Apply for loans and grants for solar systems and battery storage
To apply for a loan or grant you will need to provide:
- a quote from an:
- eligible solar supplier(for solar only), or
- eligible battery supplier (for any system with battery storage)
- your most recent council rates notice (must be in the name of the person(s) applying)
- a copy of your electricity bill (include all pages)
- proof of income to assess your ability to repay the loan (if applying for a loan).
If applying for a solar loan (without battery storage) you will also need to provide:
- either 6 or 12 months of electricity bills (demonstrating electricity costs at your home of more than $1000 over the past 6 months or more than $2000 over the past 12 months)
- a Centrelink statement confirming you receive Family Tax Benefit Part B.
As part of your application you will need to agree to a credit check (if applying for a loan).
You must upload these documents into the application portal—first-time users will need to register. You can either scan them or take a clear photo with your smart phone or digital camera.
For more information on how to apply and proof of income requirements, read the:
- Solar Guideline for applicants
- battery guidelines for applicants
- combined solar and storage guidelines for applicants.