Celebrating Multicultural Queensland Grants Program
The Celebrating Multicultural Queensland grants program funds initiatives that celebrate and promote Queensland’s multicultural identity, increase community awareness of benefits of multiculturalism, foster community cohesion, and support equal access to opportunities by people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
In 2016–17, total funding of $1 million will be allocated to diverse multicultural events and projects across Queensland through 2 separate grants rounds.
Both rounds are now closed.
Multicultural events grants
Total funding of $706,000 is available for 116 multicultural events to be delivered across Queensland in 2017. The funded events will:
- enhance appreciation and recognition of diverse cultures in Queensland
- promote community awareness about the benefits of multiculturalism
- foster cohesion across diverse cultural groups and the wider community
- facilitate increased understanding and cohesion between diverse cultural groups.
Find out more about the successful grant applicants for multicultural events to be held in 2017.
Multicultural projects grants
The 2016-17 funding round for multicultural projects to commence in the 2017-18 financial year is now closed.
Funding outcomes for multicultural projects under the 2016–17 Celebrating Multicultural Queensland grants program will be announced by the Minister for Multicultural Affairs before the end of May 2017.
All applicants will be notified on the outcomes of their application.
All applicants successful in receiving funding will be required to:
- enter into, and comply with, a two-part agreement including particulars and terms and conditions
- acknowledge government funding by placing the Queensland Government crest on all publicity and promotional resources produced for the project (submit a logo request and an electronic version of the crest will be provided).
Funded events and projects are automatically included in the Events Calendar. Please provide us with any updates to an event or project activities so they can be reflected in our online calendar.
- The next funding rounds for multicultural events and projects to be held in 2018 will open within the 2017-18 financial year.
- If you would like to receive future email communications about multicultural topics, including the opening of future funding rounds, complete the online registration form.
- Find out about previous 2015-16 successful grant recipients.
- To obtain information on other funding options, please visit the Grant Access Program and then select ‘Funding Opportunities’.
If you have any questions email Multicultural Affairs Queensland.
How to access interpreting services
If you would feel more comfortable discussing the grants program in your own language, please call 13 QGOV (13 74 68) and ask for an interpreter who speaks your language.
Wherever possible, we will engage an interpreter and discuss the grants program with you.