Adoption support services
Adoption Services in the Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services is responsible for administering adoption legislation and providing services in Queensland to:
- parents considering adoption for their children
- children requiring adoptive placements
- people seeking to adopt children
- people seeking information or to lodge a contact statement about a past adoption.
Street address: Level 1, 111 George Street, Brisbane Qld 4000
Postal address: GPO Box 806, Brisbane Qld 4001
Phone: 07 3224 7415 or free call on 1800 647 983 (Queensland only)
Fax: 07 3006 4065
Other adoption support services
Provides counselling and support to people affected by adoption and offers:
- telephone counselling and support
- face-to-face counselling
- support and information during the search process
- mediation and assistance for people wishing to make contact with relatives.
Street address: Ground floor, 189 Coronation Drive, Milton Qld 4064
Phone: 07 3170 4600 or 1300 914 819
Fax: 07 3255 2953
Provides information and emotional support to those affected by adoption.
Postal address: PO Box 912, New Farm Qld 4005
Phone: 07 3358 6666 or FASS on 1800 210 313
Opening hours: Wednesday and Thursday, 10am to 2pm
Provides assistance to people seeking to trace and be reunited with relatives, including people separated by adoption.
Postal address: GPO Box 2210, Brisbane Qld 4001
Phone: 07 3222 6663
Fax: 07 3229 6996
Opening hours: Tuesday to Friday, 9am to 2pm
Provides services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who are over the age of 18 and wish to reunite with family from whom they have been separated or removed.
Street address: 3-5 Reid Street, Woolloongabba Qld 4102
Postal address: PO Box 3229, South Brisbane Qld 4101
Phone: 07 3034 8444
Fax: 07 3255 2099
Link-Up also has offices in:
- Cairns – Phone: 07 4081 5683
- Rockhampton – Phone: 07 4930 4641
- Townsville – Phone: 07 4728 8229