Utilities and services
Find out where you can access the internet for free, and how to get the internet at home.
Save money on your utilities
Your Energy Savings provides information about saving energy, saving money and government assistance to help you with energy bills.
Check what electricy and gas rebates are available for Queensland pensioners and seniors.
Solar hot water
Installing a solar hot water system is one of the easiest and most cost-effective ways to save money and the environment.
Solar hot water is created when solar panels absorb the natural energy of the sun. The energy is then used (instead of normal electricity) to heat your water and reduce your electricity bill and greenhouse gas emissions.
Read about the steps to take choosing a solar hot water system.
Sustainable living programs
Many local councils have programs to help you improve energy efficiency in your home and live more sustainably. To find out what is available, visit your local council website or have a look at some of the programs listed here:
- Brisbane City Council
- Bundaberg City Council's Sustainable Bundaberg program
- Cairns City Council sustainability
- Logan City Council sustainable living
- Noosa Council sustainable living
- Redlands Council green living
- Scenic Rim Regional Council sustainable living
- Toowoomba Regional Council
- Townsville City Council sustainability programs
Help with paying energy and utility bills
Utility service providers can help you if you are having trouble paying utility bills.
Charities and community organisations can make a part-payment towards your utility bill. For more information, contact:
- the Salvation Army on 13 72 58
- the St Vincent de Paul Society on (07) 3010 1000
- Lifeline on 13 11 14
- the Red Cross on 1300 554 419.