Indigenous land holding entity registers
The Indigenous land holding entity registers have records of entities that hold land transferred under the Aboriginal Land Act 1991 and Torres Strait Islander Land Act 1991.
Accessing the registers
Complete the form below to access information from the registers:
Publicly available information includes:
- address for service of documents
- contact phone number
- description of the land held by the entity.
Land trusts can also access this information:
- names of the chairperson and secretary of the land trust
- a statement about whether or not the land trust has for each financial year operated in compliance with the Aboriginal Land Act 1991 and Torres Strait Islander Land Act 1991.
You can find out the following information if you have the written consent of the trust's chairperson:
- names of current members of the land trust
- names of each member of the land trust's executive committee, and the position held by the member
- copy of the land trust's adopted rules
- copies of the annual financial statements and audit reports received from the land trust by the chief executive of the Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy.
Addresses and phone numbers of members are confidential.