Find a farm job
There are a number of ways you can kick off your #pickqld adventure and find a job on a Queensland farm. There are even cash bonuses to help you with the costs associated with getting a job in agriculture.
If you’re travelling with friends and family who are looking for work, Queensland regions also have jobs and incentives available in the tourism and hospitality sectors now!
- search the Harvest Trail jobs board
- visit the regional farm job campaign sites and jobs sites, including
- visit growcom.com.au/jobs
- permanent and casual jobs are available in aquaculture in North Queensland NOW!
- phone the National Harvest Labour Information Service on 1800 062 332
- see the JobSearch website for more information about finding and applying for seasonal jobs for Australian residents
- search the FarmHub website
- look for advertisements in local papers and social media sites and local online job boards
- use private job search websites including Adzuna, Career One and Seek
- search the wool harvesting jobs website
- contact working hostels in the region
- visit the growing region and look for roadside signs seeking workers.
There are a number of platforms that have been developed and used by employers/employees to help you find a job. Please do your homework before accepting a job and ensure your pay and work conditions meet Australian standards.
Are you a school leaver? Planning a gap year break? Why not make it a working holiday around Queensland?
Want to know more about what to expect with a farm job? Visit the Farm Ready Hub, complete the training package and get your FarmReady card!
Not sure of where you'd like to go? Visit our #pickqld planner and search by month and location. Links to local visitor information centres will help you plan accommodation options.