Find a farm job
There are a number of ways you can kick off your #pickqld adventure and find a job on a Queensland farm. There are even financial incentives to help you with travel and accommodation.
If you’re travelling with friends and family who are looking for work, Queensland regions also have jobs available in the tourism and hospitality sectors now!
- search the Harvest Trail jobs board
- visit the regional farm job campaign sites and jobs sites, including
- visit growcom.com.au/jobs
- permanent and casual jobs are available in aquaculture in North Queensland NOW! And you could be eligible for $1500 relocation assistance
- phone the National Harvest Labour Information Service on 1800 062 332
- see the JobSearch website for more information about finding and applying for seasonal jobs for Australian residents
- search the FarmHub website
- look for advertisements in local papers and social media sites and local online job boards
- register with the Queensland Government’s Jobsfinder service
- use private job search websites including Adzuna, Career One and Seek
- search the wool harvesting jobs website
- contact working hostels in the region
- visit the growing region and look for roadside signs seeking workers.
There are a number of platforms that have been developed and used by employers/employees to help you find a job. Please do your homework before accepting a job and ensure your pay and work conditions meet Australian standards.
Want to know more about what to expect with a farm job? Visit the Farm Ready Hub, complete the training package and get your FarmReady card!
Not sure of where you'd like to go? Visit our #pickqld planner and search by month and location. Links to local visitor information centres will help you plan accommodation options.