2020 White Ribbon Day Event
The 2020 White Ribbon Day Event was held on Friday 20 November in support of the prevention of domestic and family violence (DFV) in Queensland.
Vanessa Fowler of The Allison Baden-Clay Foundation led a panel of speakers who each had a unique insight into how individuals, communities and organisations can take action to end all forms of DFV.
- Kat Baulch—Lead Facilitator, Australia’s CEO Challenge
- Ben Bjarnesen—Founder and President, LGBTQ Domestic Violence Awareness Foundation
- John Siaki—Siaki and Sons Removalists, Queensland
Donations can still be made to support the event beneficiary, DVConnect (ABN 66101186476), who continue to help Queenslanders find pathways to safety, away from violence.
Remember, if you or your colleagues need support—you’re not alone.
For information, services and support visit qld.gov.au/domesticviolence or call:
- DVConnect Womensline 1800 811 811
- DVConnect Mensline 1800 600 636
- Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800
In an emergency, always call the police on triple zero (000). In a non-emergency, you can also lodge an online report if you’re unable to access a phone.
The Queensland Government is proud to support White Ribbon Day which is an opportunity to raise awareness and commit to action to prevent men’s violence against women.