Queensland Women’s Strategy
Consultation for the development of the new Queensland Women’s Strategy is now open.
The current Queensland Women’s Strategy 2016-21 outlines our vision for women and girls with an emphasis on gender equality and related issues across participation and leadership, economic security, safety and health and wellbeing.
During the past five years, the strategy’s whole-of-community implementation plan has made significant progress:
- more pathways for women’s education and employment have been created
- vital health and wellbeing services have been delivered
- more women have been supported to take up leadership roles
- the achievements of leading Queensland women have been celebrated
- crucial reforms to address women and girls’ safety have been undertaken.
All Queenslanders can contribute to the shaping of a new strategy aimed at promoting and protecting women’s rights, interests and wellbeing, and ensuring women’s full social and economic participation in society.
Consultation to develop the new strategy is open until 8 October 2021.
To participate, you can:
- read the discussion paper and make a written submission
- complete the online survey and have your say
- like, share, and engage with the Queensland Women Facebook account.