Queensland, we’re ready to help
The Community Recovery website has been revamped to make it even easier to access information and financial help following significant disasters.
The changes make it easier for you to:
- access information on a mobile phone
- check your eligibility before applying for grants
- find out what information you need to complete an online grant application
- see the next steps in your application process
- find other support services following a disaster.
A range of grants are available to help people in areas impacted by disaster with immediate and urgent needs. For example, provision of food, clothing and medication, contribute to the replacement of essential household contents or repairs to your home if you are not covered by insurance
If you’re eligible for a grant, you can apply online with your driver licence and Medicare card.
For more information and to access support following a disaster visit the Community Recovery website (qld.gov.au/disasterhelp).