Speak up for road safety
Queensland Road Safety Week (21–25 August 2017) is your chance to make our roads safer.
Communities, schools, sporting groups and workplaces are encouraged to host local events and share road safety messages with colleagues, family and friends.
Each day of the week focusses on different road safety issues including speed, drink and drug driving, distractions, seatbelts and child restraints, sharing the road and fatigue.
Everyone can make a difference.
- explore ways you can make our roads safer—with practical ways you can make a difference
- find events happening near you
- register your event and download the toolkit—with materials for your event
- share you stories on social media using #RoadSafetyWeek.
Visit Join the Drive to find out more and see what events are being held near you.
The Safer Roads, Safer Queensland: Queensland Road Safety Action Plan 2017-2019 , which aims to reduce death and serious injury on Queensland roads, has also been released. The 29-point plan outlines initiatives to be implemented over the next 2 years, including priority areas:
- delivering safer roads for Queenslanders
- getting people in safer vehicles
- encouraging safer road use
- planning our future and strengthening our partnerships.