Embedding and strengthening child and family reforms
Important progress is being made in child protection and family support reform in Queensland.
The Supporting Families Changing Futures: 2018 Update (PDF, 2.9 MB) outlines what has been achieved so far, key initiatives for 2018-19, and sets the strategic direction for the following five years.
- universal access to the Triple P—Positive Parenting Program and Talking Families initiatives
- statewide rollout of:
- increased support for foster and kinship carers
- establishment of the Office of the Child and Family Solicitor and the Director of Child Protection Litigation
- the Next Steps After Care service for young people as they transition from care to live as independent adults
- significant legislative changes to make all of this possible.