COAG Summit to address violence against women and their children: Connect.Act.Change
The National Summit on Reducing Violence against Women and their Children, hosted by the Council of Australian Governments (COAG), was held in Brisbane on 28 October 2016.
Guided by the theme Connect.Act.Change, the Summit reviewed the progress and highlighted best practice in government efforts to reduce violence against women.
Delegates included Commonwealth, State and Territory Premiers, Chief Ministers and Women's Safety Ministers, academics and experts in domestic and family violence, and leaders in business and the not-for-profit sector.
Discussions focussed on:
- the effect of domestic violence on children
- diverse experiences of domestic violence
- Indigenous insights and experiences
- using behavioural insights to reduce domestic violence
- organisational best practice
- innovative uses of technology
- technology-facilitated abuse
- family violence and legal systems.