Queensland Day Sponsorship Program
The Queensland Day Sponsorship Program encourages Queenslanders to celebrate Queensland Day in a way that reflects the unique culture, heritage and aspirations of their own community.
Each year, right across the state, Queenslanders mark this annual celebration of our people, places and achievements with barbeques, family fun days, festivals, street parades or an initiative unique to their community.
Applications for sponsorship of up to $15,000 (exclusive of GST) are now being accepted for events being held to celebrate Queensland Day in 2020. Initiatives are encouraged to be held on Queensland Day, 6 June, however may be held between 30 May and 7 June 2020.
Initiatives will need to:
- raise community awareness of Queensland Day and Queensland themes
- encourage community participation and engagement
- contribute to a statewide program of diverse, inclusive and innovative community events, celebrations, initiatives and promotions
- promote social, cultural and economic benefit to the community
- showcase local or Queensland entertainers, produce or icons.
It is important that organisations thoroughly read and understand the guidelines before applying.
- read the guidelines (PDF, 326KB)
- apply for funding through the 2020 Queensland Day Sponsorship Program
- download the fact sheet and frequently asked questions (PDF, 294KB)
- complete the budget template (PDF, 239KB).
Applications close 5pm Monday 9 September 2019. Successful applicants will be announced by the end of January 2020.