Young Athlete Assistance Program
The Young Athlete Assistance Program provides financial help to young Queensland athletes or officials who have competed or officiated in various championships.
To be eligible, you must:
- within the last 6 months have competed or officiated at an eligible championship, including:
- a Queensland State Championship
- a Queensland State School Championship
- an Australian National Championship
- an Australian National School Championship
- an International Championship
- have lived in Queensland for more than 12 months before the championship
- be under the age of 18 at the start of the championship
- live more than 200km from the championship
- be able to confirm your participation or service
- not hold a current Queensland Academy of Sport Scholarship.
If your championship is not on the list, you can contact your sporting organisation.
How to apply
You can apply after you have attended the sporting championship. Each application must be signed by your parent or guardian, and participation at the championship confirmed by the relevant organisation. All applicants will receive written notification advising the outcome of their application.
Financial assistance of $200 per applicant is available once every two years. This is to help cover the cost of travel and accommodation for the championship.
Applicants must use their own resources to travel to the championship, as the funding is only provided after the event. Lodging an application does not guarantee funding.
More information is available by phoning 1300 656 191.
Find out more
- Call 1300 656 191.
- Read the YAAP guidelines.