Engaging Queenslanders: a guide to community engagement methods and techniques
The purpose of this guide is to bring together introductory information on a range of traditional and innovative techniques. It is intended to assist public sector employees and other practitioners to choose the most appropriate community engagement processes.
No single engagement technique will suit every issue. Using more than one technique in an engagement activity may provide the opportunity for government to reach beyond its usual stakeholders and to increase representation and participation.
- Purpose and acknowledgements
- Planning community engagement
- Choosing engagement techniques
- Information-sharing techniques
- Consultation techniques
- Active participation techniques
- Feedback and follow-up
- Celebration, transition and handover
- Evaluating engagement activities
- Managing contractors and consultants
- References and further resources