The Queensland Government supports online community engagement as an integral part of developing and evaluating policies, programs and services.
Benefits of online community engagement are:
- Greater participation
- Reduced barriers to community access
- Cost savings
- More informed decisions
- Increased transparency.
What resources are available
Resources are available for community engagement practitioners in the public and private sectors. It assists practitioners to build their professional knowledge and experience.
- Community engagement in Queensland
- Tools for engagement - ConsultQLD online toolkit
- Guides and factsheets
- Engaging with rural and regional communities
- Other resources
- Policy and guidelines for online engagement.