Electricity and gas rebates
Queensland pensioners and seniors may be eligible for:
- the Electricity Rebate—$230 per year
- the Reticulated Natural Gas Rebate—$64.23 per year.
Rebates are available to people who hold any of the below:
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card (and receive the War Widow Pension or special rate TPI Pension)
- Queensland Seniors Card.
To be eligible, the card holder must also live alone or share their principal place of residence with (only) any of the below:
- their spouse
- other people who hold a Pensioner Concession Card or Queensland Seniors Card
- other people wholly dependent on them
- other people who receive an income support payment from Centrelink, the Family Assistance Office, or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs and who do not pay rent
- other people who live with the card holder to provide care and assistance, and who do not pay rent.
If you live in caravan park or multi-unit residential building (e.g. apartment), you must also show that the:
- electricity or reticulated natural gas is paid on the basis of individually metered consumption
- owner/proprietor is prepared to seek the Electricity Rebate or the Reticulated Natural Gas Rebate on your behalf (if you are not the owner).