Applying for a Seniors Card
You can apply for all card types using the same online application. If your application is successful, you will receive your card within 4 weeks.
To be eligible for Seniors Card, Seniors Card+go or a Seniors Business Discount Card, you must:
- be a permanent resident of Queensland.
- live in Queensland for at least 6 months of the year and your home address must be shown on your driver licence, or be registered as your home address with (at least) 1 of the following:
- Electoral Commission of Queensland
- Commonwealth Department of Veterans' Affairs
In addition to the residency requirements, you must also meet age/work requirements for each card type.
Seniors Card or Seniors Card+go
To be eligible for a Seniors Card or Seniors Card+go you must be:
- 65 years or older and working less than 35 hours a week in paid employment
- 60–64 years, working less than 35 hours a week in paid employment and the holder of one of the below:
- Commonwealth Pensioner Concession Card
- Commonwealth Health Care Card
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
- Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold, White or Orange card.
Seniors Business Discount Card
To be eligible for a Seniors Business Discount Card, you must be 60 years or older.
Proof of age and address
When you apply, you'll be asked to provide one of the numbers below:
- your Centrelink customer reference number (CRN)
- your Department of Veterans' Affairs file number
- Queensland driver licence number
- Queensland adult proof of age card number
If you don't have any of these forms of identification, you can provide an image or photocopy of your:
- birth certificate
The name on your official document must be the same name used in your application.
How to apply
There is one application process for all 3 card types. You will be issued with a card based on your eligibility.
If you have a card and your eligibility has changed, you can upgrade, replace or cancel your card online or call 13 QGOV (13 74 68).
You can apply up to 2 months prior to your 60th birthday (your card will be issued when you turn 60):
Fill out the online seniors application form.
Print and complete the application form, then post it to:
Smart Service Queensland
Reply Paid 10817
Brisbane Adelaide Street QLD 4000
You can print the application form here:
Call 13 QGOV (13 74 68) to complete your application over the phone.