Refer a young person for a Get Started Voucher
Important—Please note changes will be made to eligible referral agents prior to round 9 opening.
On this page:
- Check if you are eligible to refer
- How to refer a child or young person
- Important dates
- Voucher use
- More information
Note: The child or young person, or their parent, carer or guardian does not need to have a Centrelink Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card to be referred, as these children are already eligible.
Check if you are eligible to refer
Get Started Vouchers provide up to $150 to those who can least afford, or may otherwise benefit from, joining a sport or recreation club. The predominate eligibility criteria for the program is for the child/young person, or the parent, guardian or carer, to hold a valid Centrelink Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card with the child/young person’s name on it.
Following a review of the program, the referral agent process is being revised to ensure the program meets the aim to primarily support those who can least afford to join a sport or recreation club and secondly, those who would most benefit from participating for other reasons.
Note that changes will be made to eligible referral agents prior to round 9 opening. Further information on these changes will be provided soon.
- Round 8 vouchers are now fully allocated.
- Vouchers must be presented to registered clubs by 14 November 2016.
- Vouchers must be redeemed online by 28 November 2016.
- The $150 voucher can be used at a sport or recreation club registered for Get Started Vouchers.
- Vouchers must be used to help pay for club membership and/or participation fees.
- If the membership/participation fees are more than $150, the parent, guardian or carer will need to pay the difference. If the membership/participation fees are less than $150, the club will be reimbursed for the membership/participation fees only. The remaining amount is not provided as cash or as payment for individual items to participate in the activity - such as jerseys, boots etc.
- Refer to the terms and conditions for voucher use.
- There is a limit of one voucher per child/young person per calendar year.