There are many benefits to being active—no matter what your age. Why not start today?
How to get active
- Get Active Queensland—tips for kids, teenagers, families, seniors, men and women, and people with disability.
- Seniors—as a mature-aged person, you can continue to be involved in activities and lead a healthy lifestyle.
- People with disability—there are programs and activities that encourage people with disability to get involved in sport and physical activity.
- Indigenous people—how Indigenous communities can take part in health and recreation.
- Queensland Recreation Centres—offers safe and exciting participation in outdoor recreation including quality accommodation, facilities, activity programs and delicious healthy catering; located on the Gold and Sunshine Coasts
- Heart Foundation walking—be part of a community-based walking program that aims to increase your participation in regular and enjoyable physical activity.
- Join a club—become a member of a sport or recreation club to stay fit, have fun and make new friends.
- Your local council may have activities that you can be involved in.