Playing Queensland Fund
The Playing Queensland Fund supports the delivery of performing and visual arts projects that are ready to tour and have demonstrated community interest and confirmed demand.
A component of the Fund delivers outcomes under the Queensland Government’s Backing Indigenous Arts Initiative (BIA).
- To maximise opportunities for regional Queensland communities to experience high quality arts events
- To increase the number and reach of touring activities
- To support tours with a strong demonstration of demand
View the Playing Queensland Fund guidelines.
Total funding for the program is $10.6 million over 4 years from 2012–13 to 2015–16.
- artists, companies and groups with tour-ready work
- commercial, semi-commercial, professional/amateur, community-based amateur groups and subsidised arts companies with tour-ready work
- community representatives, local presenters or venue/gallery managers interested in purchasing and receiving touring work
- international and interstate touring artists
- individual agents, producers, curators and brokers.
All applicants must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- make sure their application is submitted by people over 18 years of age, or have their application co-signed by their legal guardian confirming they will take responsibility for managing any grant that may be offered to the applicant
- have satisfied the reporting requirements of any previous Arts Queensland grants or subsidy
- ensure the tour begins at least 8 weeks from the date Arts Queensland receives the application for funding
- demonstrate how this tour differs from what your organisation is currently funded to deliver (only relevant for organisations currently receiving Arts Queensland investment)
- include at least 2 regional Queensland communities in your touring proposal.
How to apply
- Apply online
- Read the Playing Queensland Fund documents: guidelines, application form, frequently asked questions (FAQs) and important information for applicants.
Please note, due to security procedures, Arts Queensland cannot accept hand-delivered or couriered applications.
Who will assess my application?
All applications to the Playing Queensland Fund are assessed by members of the Arts Touring Funding Panel.
Data dictionaries provide definitions of measures, calculation methods and counting rules.
Make sure you read the data dictionary for this fund before you start any activities to make sure you collect data in the required way.
Contact an Arts Investment Officer on (07) 3034 4016, 1800 175 531 (toll free), or email@example.com.
View previous funding recipients.
Help with touring
arTour, provides touring services, including:
- establishing collaborations and partnerships
- brokering new regional, national and international opportunities for Queensland venues and artists
- a suite of contemporary touring programs and resources, including templates, tips and best practice
- fee-for-service touring support.
Additionally, visual arts applicants may also wish to consider engaging visual arts touring specialists:
- Museums and Galleries Queensland (firstname.lastname@example.org / 07 3215 0820)
- Flying Arts Alliance (email@example.com /07 3216 1322)