Arts Leverage Fund
The Arts Leverage Fund works to promote private sector giving by matching eligible cash sponsorship and philanthropy dollar for dollar, while leveraging government investment in Queensland-based arts and cultural organisations.
To be eligible, applicants must either:
- have received Arts Queensland funding from 1 July 2013 through the Projects and Programs Fund or the Organisations Fund
- been recognised as Major Performing Arts Organisations by the Queensland and Australian governments.
- Grow private sector support for the arts in Queensland by matching cash sponsorship and philanthropy, doubling the impact of investment.
- Support arts organisations to improve their financial sustainability by building successful private sector relationships.
- Build awareness in the business and philanthropic communities of the benefits of investing in arts and culture and the importance of a thriving arts community.
Either a 40% increase on pre-approved baseline fundraising performance or at $40,000, whichever is the higher amount.
Funding for the program is $4.5 million over 3 calendar years (2015–17).
- be a Queensland-based legally constituted not-for-profit arts organisation
- have received Arts Queensland funding from 1 July 2013 through the Projects and Programs Fund, or equivalent Queensland Arts Showcase Program, the Organisations Fund, or are recognised as Major Performing Arts Organisations by the Queensland and Australian governments
- have a registered and current Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have satisfied the requirements of any previous Arts Queensland funding
- have a demonstrated track record and have been in operation for at least 2 years
- have a set of current audited financial statements for the past 2 years that clearly breaks down cash and in-kind sponsorship and donations
- have pre-approval for the Arts Leverage Fund (to gain pre-approval, please contact your Arts Queensland Client Manager).
How to apply
- Read the Arts Leverage Fund guidelines and frequently asked questions.
- Potential applicants for the Arts Leverage Fund are required to first contact Arts Queensland to gain pre-approval. To apply for pre-approval, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07 3034 4016.
- Pre-approved applicants can download the Arts Leverage Fund application form.
View previous funding recipients.