Skip links and keyboard navigation

Popular questions

Answers to commonly asked questions via the Queensland Government contact centre and website.

Where can I find a list of government departments?

See a list of all government departments.

When are school and public holidays in Queensland?

Term dates and school holidays are approved and appointed by the Minister for Education Queensland.

Several public holidays are also observed in Queensland.

How do I find out about the law in Queensland?

Legislation that is introduced, passed and repealed by Queensland Parliament is published by the Office of Queensland Parliamentary Counsel.

Hansard records any parliamentary debate about legislation.

How do I find a job in Queensland?

There are several ways to find a job in Queensland.

Licensing and registration may be needed for a job you are interested in.

See current Queensland Government job vacancies.

How much stamp duty will I have to pay when buying a property?

Now known as transfer duty, the amount will vary based on the value of the property and concessions allowed.

Where can I find information about camping in Queensland?

Get information about permits and fees before you camp in a park, forest or nature reserve.

How do I change my address?

Change your address for your driver licence, boat licence, vehicle and vessel registration.

You can also change your details on a:

The Office of Fair Trading can update the following details of your business:

Which grants and rebates are currently available?

Get information on current government grants.

Special assistance grants include the Great Start Grant.

We also have rebate programs for:

How do I tender for Government business?

The eTendering website gives information about our tendering opportunities.

How do I pay my rego (vehicle registration)?

If you have your payment reference number, you can pay online, at a service centre, or by phoning 13 23 90.

Find out more about registration fees and how to pay.

How do I apply for a Seniors card?

You can apply for either a Seniors Business Discount Card or a Seniors Card:

  • online
  • by mail
  • in person
  • by calling 13 QGOV (13 74 68).

Find out about what you need to apply for a Seniors Card.

How do I hire a baby capsule?

Queensland Ambulance Service is no longer taking hire or installation bookings.

Find alternative providers of baby capsule services.

How do I complain about goods or services?

We have information on how to complain if you are unhappy about goods or services you have received.

You can lodge an official complaint online or by phoning 13 QGOV (13 7468) if you are unable to resolve a complaint yourself.

What is a PPS Register check (formerly REVS)?

The Personal Properties Securities Register enables you to check if there is a debt on a vehicle or boat that you're planning to buy.

How do I view property land valuations?

Get information about your annual land valuation.

Lodge an objection if you disagree with your notice.

Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia (CC BY 3.0)
Last updated
3 March 2015

Page feedback

Your privacy

Information collected through this form is used to improve this website.

Any information you submit that could identify you (e.g. name, email address) will be stored securely, and destroyed after we process your feedback.

  1. This page was
  2. We want this information to be the best it can be and we know we can’t do it without you. Let us know what you thought of this page and what other information you would like to see.

    We do not reply to feedback. Contact us if you need a response.

  3. Contact (optional)