ANZAC day trust fund
The Anzac Day Trust Fund offers annual payments to institutions, organisations or associations who provide assistance to ex-service men and women and their dependants.
You can apply for a payment if your organisation provides help or support to:
- aged persons who served in Australia’s defence forces
- the spouses and children of deceased persons who served in Australia’s defence forces
- persons who served in Australia’s defence forces in time of war or armed conflict
- institutions, organisations or associations which provide help or support to aged persons, spouses and children of deceased persons who served for Australia.
The Anzac Day Act 1995 gives power to the Queensland Government to help fund the Anzac Day Trust through an annual grant. Proceeds received from an annual appeal to businesses which benefit from Anzac Day trading also contributes to the Trust Fund.
How to apply
To apply for a payment from the Anzac Day Trust Fund, you need to:
- complete and submit an application form
- attach a verified financial statement
- provide an Australian Business Number (ABN) or a ‘statement by a supplier’
- send your application by the last Friday in May each year (30 May 2014)
You will receive a letter confirming receipt of your application.
The Board of Trustees assess applications. The RSL, Legacy and other Ex-service organisations nominate trustees.
Payments are finalised in August/September and are GST exempt.
Get it right
Your application may be returned if you do not complete it correctly.
- Cross reference your application with your financial statement. Mark the item number you want to claim next to the matching amount on your financial statement.
- Fill in all sections of the Anzac Day Trust application form.
- Get your President & Treasurer or committee member to sign the application form.
- Record an ABN on the form. If you do not have an ABN you must complete and attach a “Statement by Supplier” form. These can be obtained from the Australia Taxation Office website.
- Attach approved financial statements to application form.
- Provide additional details of the welfare expenditure where requested in the form. You can claim welfare expenses paid by your organisation during the period covered by your most recent financial statement. Expenses may include administrative costs related to
- the building/maintenance of welfare housing
- welfare or the help and support of ex-service personnel and their dependants.
Anzac Day Trust
GPO Box 69
BRISBANE QLD 4001
You can ask for help completing your application form or about your application.
Email the Trust Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call (07) 3225 2069