Property industry regulation
Find out what happens if you break the law. Get details about unlicensed work, conditional licences and other restrictions or regulations.
Do you need to access a Fair Trading form or pay a fee? Find a full list of forms and fees that apply for the property industry.
Find out if your property agent has a valid licence. You can do a search on our free online register or apply for a formal record of search.
The Queensland Government stores some personal details in our property data, which individuals or companies may access.
A code of conduct regulates how people access this data.
New laws came into effect on 1 December 2014, including:
- Property Occupations Act 2014
- Property Occupations Regulation 2014
- Agents Financial Administration Act 2014
- Agents Financial Administration Regulation 2014
These new laws have reduced red tape for your business.
- find out about any changes to your licence
- download the new forms
- visit our YouTube channel to watch our information sessions.