Get a motor licence or registration
Moving to Queensland?
You can transfer a current, valid licence from interstate or New Zealand to the equivalent licence in Queensland.
New laws came into effect on 1 December 2014, including:
- Motor Dealers and Chattel Auctioneers Act 2014
- Motor Dealers and Chattel Auctioneers Regulation 2014
- Agents Financial Administration Act 2014
- Agents Financial Administration Regulation 2014
These new laws have reduced red tape for your business.
- find out about any changes to your licence
- download the new forms
- visit our YouTube channel to watch our information sessions.
You need to be licensed as a chattel auctioneer when you auction vehicles or other goods. If you also handle property auctions, you need a separate licence.
The licence class called trainee auctioneer has been abolished.