Motor industry regulation
Find out what happens if you break the law. Get details about unlicensed work, conditional licences and other restrictions or regulations.
Find a list of forms that you may need while working in the motor industry. You can download a copy of each of the forms.
Find out if your motor dealer has a valid licence. You can do a search on our free online register or apply for a formal record of search.
Buying a used vehicle
Are you looking to buy a vehicle from a licensed motor dealer or chattel auctioneer? We have a range of tips to help you know your rights and responsibilities.
New laws came into effect on 1 December 2014, including:
- Motor Dealers and Chattel Auctioneers Act 2014
- Motor Dealers and Chattel Auctioneers Regulation 2014
- Agents Financial Administration Act 2014
- Agents Financial Administration Regulation 2014
These new laws have reduced red tape for your business.
- find out about any changes to your licence
- download the new forms
- visit our YouTube channel to watch our information sessions.