PhD Industry Experience Program
New opportunities are available for businesses and PhD students to work together and benefit through real world industry placements of between 20 to 30 business days.
A highly skilled workforce is critical for building Queensland's future knowledge economy. The PhD Industry Experience Program encourages businesses and universities to collaborate in setting up short-term, unpaid industry placements for PhD students, to build their work-readiness and increase the competitiveness of the businesses.
For PhD students:
- a chance to demonstrate their skills to prospective employers
- opportunities to expand their practical workplace knowledge and understand industry needs outside a university setting
- a network of new colleagues, potential referees and industry contacts
- a challenging business project to help develop core work and commercially focused skills.
- new ideas and fresh perspectives
- access to university skills and technical expertise
- new talent for future employment opportunities
- help in advancing innovative projects.
How to apply
PhD students: Apply online on the Advance Queensland website and view the program guidelines, current projects on offer and cut-off dates for assessment purposes.
Businesses: Submit details about a proposed project online at any time on the Advance Queensland website and view the program guidelines, current projects on offer and assessment round cut-off dates.
For further information