Rebates and financial assistance
All early childhood services charge fees which vary depending on the service provided.
Search for a service and contact them to discuss their fees.
Please note: you will still need to pay fees on public holidays—talk to your provider if you have any concerns.
Queensland Government benefits
QKFS Plus Kindy Support
QKFS Plus Kindy Support provides low or no-cost kindy to eligible families.
The subsidy is provided directly to your service provider to reduce your out of pocket expenses (your provider must be an approved kindergarten program provider).
You will be eligible if you:
- hold a current Australian Government Health Care Card (or have a child who does)
- are a foster family with a current Australian Government Health Care Card
- identify as being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander (or have a child who does)
- have 3 or more children, of the same age, enrolled in the same year.
The subsidy can be claimed once only, even if you meet multiple criteria.
Contact your service provider for more information.
Australian Government benefits
Child Care Benefit
You may be eligible for the Australian Government’s Child Care Benefit if your child is enrolled in one of these services:
- long day care
- family day care
- before or after school care
- vacation care
- some occasional or in-home care.
Child Care Rebate
You may be eligible for the Australian Government’s Child Care Rebate even if your income is too high for the Child Care Benefit.
Jobs, Education and Training Child Care Fee Assistance
Jobs, Education and Training (JET) Child Care Fee Assistance provides extra help if you are a parent on an income support payment and looking for work, studying or starting a job.