Request a property report and vegetation maps
Proposed changes to vegetation management laws were introduced to parliament on 17 March 2016. If these laws are passed in their current form, some changes will be effective from the date the Bill was introduced (17 March 2016).
If these proposed changes affect your property, this will be outlined when you request a property report or vegetation map.
Read about the proposed changes to clearing rules.
When you request a property report for a specific area, you will receive relevant property information and a series of maps and supporting information outlining the requirements for clearing vegetation on this land.
The report and all maps are free and can be requested using our online request form.
The report will enable you to determine:
- if you can clear vegetation under an exemption
- what self-assessable code you may be able to use
- if clearing may be undertaken under an area management plan
- if you should apply for a development approval.
The following maps are available in the property report:
- Regulated vegetation management maps show vegetation categories needed to determine clearing requirements. Maps are updated monthly to show new property maps of assessable vegetation
- Supporting maps are provided as attachments when you request a regulated vegetation management map. They give information on regional ecosystems, wetlands, watercourses and essential habitat
- Land suitability maps are needed to apply to clear for irrigated and non-irrigated high-value agriculture.
The land suitablility map is also available as a stand-alone map.
- Maps can also be viewed through Queensland Globe, a Google Earth application.