Queensland-Cooper Hewitt Fellowship
The Queensland-Cooper Hewitt Fellowship provides financial support for a registered Queensland school teacher to complete a project in design education at the Cooper Hewitt Smithsonian Design Museum in New York.
The fellow will gain experience in classroom, community and online strategies for delivering quality design education. The fellowship fosters the exchange of knowledge and skills between the Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum and Queensland teaching communities.
You can receive up to $20,000 (excluding GST) to do a project with Cooper Hewitt's Education Department for 8 to 12 weeks. One fellowship is available each year.
You will receive $1,250 per week in living allowance to help with living costs (up to a maximum of $15,000) and up to $5,000 in travel allowance to pay for international economy airfares and related travel expenses.
- Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 11 December 2015.
To be eligible for the fellowship, you must:
- be an Australian citizen or have Australian residency
- live and work in Queensland
- be registered and working as a state or non-state school teacher
- for non-state school applicants, provide evidence that your employer will pay your wage while you complete your fellowship, or indicate how you will support yourself while overseas
- apply individually, as joint applications will not be considered
- not have received the fellowship before.
How you will be assessed
You will be assessed on:
- your relevant skills and professional record
- the benefits the fellowship will provide to you
- the benefits the fellowship will provide to Queensland, including alignment to the program's target investment areas.
More information about the eligibility requirements, assessment process, assessment criteria, and project contract can be found in the:
How to apply
Your application must contain:
- a completed Cooper Hewitt Fellowship application form (DOCX, 206KB)
- a scanned, signed application declaration
- a scanned, signed letter of endorsement from your home organisation (your Queensland employer).
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com with a subject line of 'Queensland-Cooper Hewitt Fellowship application – your name'.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the Queensland-Cooper Hewitt Fellowship.