We work closely with key state government departments to ensure that they receive the scientific support they require for their operational and legislative responsibilities.
In particular, our scientists and other technical experts provide scientific information and advice about environment and natural resources to inform these departments' planning, policy development and management actions.
Find out more about the science we do:
- science capability directory
- science precincts and projects including the Ecosciences Precinct
- wave monitoring
- storm tide monitoring
- air quality
- water monitoring and data
- The Long Paddock
- satellite mapping and monitoring
- geophysical logging and shotfiring services to assess and perforate water bores.
We also work closely with all other departments to drive the government’s agendas in Queensland science.
We aim to generate ideas in science and research through:
- science and research policy and strategy
- research centres, institutes and precincts
- business commercialisation
- international collaborations
- funding programs.
The Queensland Chief Scientist provides high-level, strategic advice to the Premier and Cabinet on the role of science, research and innovation in achieving the state government's priorities.