We continue to concentrate our efforts on maximising emerging information and communication technologies (ICT) to help government proactively plan for and deliver improved services for Queenslanders.
The ICT Modernisation Plan has been refreshed and builds upon the three previous plans as part of the ICT Modernisation Program.
This new plan helps create a government that makes the best use of new technologies to develop the next generation of digital services for citizens.
It plays a part in building a strong, knowledge-based economy by stimulating collaboration with agencies and advancing new ways of thinking and working in government.
The plan has five key focus areas:
- connecting government where sharing government information is achieved safely and effectively
- leveraging disruptive digital technology by advancing the adoption of new technologies and research for improved government services of the future
- innovating procurement to enable government to buy ICT products and services more efficiently
- emerging service delivery models by exploring contemporary, value-for-money, ICT-enabled business solutions
- developing our workforce to support digital-readiness within government.
Review our video which explains our plan and the intended benefits for government.
For more information email ICTmodernisation@dsiti.qld.gov.au.