Support for victims of abuse
About elder abuse, how to report it and how to support a victim.
How to report different types of abuse, including child and elder abuse. Information on internet safety including how to report cyber bullying.
Find out where to get help to deal with the effects of torture and trauma.
- If you are in immediate danger, phone the police on Triple Zero (000).
- For help and advice call DVConnect Womensline on 1800 811 811 (24 hours, 7 days a week) or Mensline on 1800 600 636 (9am to midnight, 7 days a week).
- If you or someone you know has experienced elder abuse, phone the Elder Abuse Helpline on 1300 651 192 for help and advice.
- If you have experienced sexual abuse, phone the Sexual Assault Helpline on 1800 010 120.
Victims LinkUp is an information and referral service for victims of crime.
- Request information online
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 1300 546 587 (Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm, not including public holidays).
For a free interpreting service, call 13 14 50.
Financial assistance for victims of violent crime
If you are a victim of an act of violence, we may be able to help you pay for the things you need to help you recover from the crime and its effects. Find out about the types of financial assistance available.