Celebrating Multicultural Queensland Grants Program
The Celebrating Multicultural Queensland grants program funds initiatives that celebrate and promote Queensland’s multicultural identity, increase community awareness of benefits of multiculturalism, foster community cohesion, and support equal access to opportunities by people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
In 2016–17, total funding of $1 million will be allocated to diverse multicultural events and projects across Queensland through 2 separate grants rounds:
- grants round for multicultural events - NOW CLOSED
- grants round for multicultural projects - opening later in 2016.
The 2016-17 funding round for multicultural projects to commence in the 2017-18 financial year is expected to open in November 2016.
The 2016-17 funding round for multicultural events to be held within the 2017 calendar year is now closed.
The next funding round for multicultural events to be held in 2018 will open within the 2017-18 financial year.
If you would like to receive future email communications about multicultural topics, including the opening of future funding rounds, complete the online registration form.
To obtain information on other funding options, refer to the Grant Access Program and then select ‘Funding Opportunities’.
Successful organisations will be required to:
- enter into, and comply with, a two-part agreement including:
- inform the department if they do not want their contact information advertised in Queensland Government publications and websites.
- acknowledge government funding by placing the Queensland Government crest on all publicity and promotional resources produced for the event (submit a logo request and an electronic version of the crest will be provided)
- provide an Event Acquittal Report (PDF, 50KB) (RTF, 211KB) when the event or project is completed including information about the project outcomes and achievements.
Funded events and projects are automatically included in the Events Calendar. Please provide us with any updates to an event or project activities so they can be reflected in our online calendar.
It is anticipated that successful applicants under the 2016–17 funding round for multicultural events will be announced before the end of December 2016.
Find out more about the 2015-16 successful grant recipients (PDF).
If you have any questions email Multicultural Affairs Queensland.
If you would feel more comfortable discussing the grants program in your own language, please call 13 QGOV (13 74 68) and ask for an interpreter who speaks your language. Wherever possible, we will engage an interpreter and discuss the grants program with you.