Queensland Day Sponsorship Program
The Queensland Day Sponsorship Program encourages Queenslanders to celebrate Queensland Day in a way that reflects the unique culture, heritage and aspirations of their own community.
Each year, right across the state, Queenslanders mark this annual celebration of our people, places and achievements with barbeques, family fun days, festivals, street parades or an event unique to their community.
Applications for sponsorship of up to $10,000 (exclusive of GST) are now being accepted for events to be held to celebrate Queensland Day in 2017. Events are encouraged to be held on Queensland Day, 6 June, however can be held between 2 and 10 June 2017.
Events will need to:
- raise community awareness of Queensland Day and Queensland themes
- encourage community participation and engagement
- contribute to a statewide program of diverse, inclusive and innovative community events, celebrations, initiatives and promotions
- promote social, cultural and economic benefit to the community
- showcase local or Queensland entertainers, produce or icons.
It is important organisations thoroughly read and understand the guidelines before submitting an application.
Fact sheet and frequently asked questions
Applications close on Friday 9 September 2016. Successful applicants will be announced by the end of 2016.