Queenslanders across the state came to together to celebrate and showcase their state pride as part of Queensland Week. A week to Create. Innovate. Celebrate.
Held every year, Queensland Week is a celebration of our state’s history, culture, people and achievements and is centred around Queensland’s birthday on 6 June.
From Saturday 4 to Sunday 12 June 2016, Queenslanders got involved and shared in this statewide celebration by:
- lighting or decorating buildings, monuments, landmarks, workplaces, shopfronts, houses and gardens maroon to demonstrate state pride
- hosting an event or promotion in the community, workplace or at home on or around Queensland Day, Monday 6 June
- registering events or promotions on the online Queensland Week calendar
- registering to receive a free Queensland Week merchandise pack
- using the free resources and templates in the online toolkits.
Photos of the week’s festivities and competition results will be available soon.
Queensland Week resources
Resources used to celebrate Queensland Week in 2016.
- the Great Queensland Week Adventure Trail step-by-step toolkit to help you plan a trail in your community or school:
- Queensland Week poster
- Queensland Week poster template
- Queensland Week social media tile I love Queensland social media tile
- Queensland Week toolkit to access a range of templates for photo props, novelty decorations and resources.