Queenslanders across the state, including councils, schools, businesses, community organisations, sporting teams and individuals, are encouraged to participate in Queensland Week celebrations. It’s a week to Create. Innovate. Celebrate.
Held every year, Queensland Week is a celebration of our state’s history, culture, people and achievements and is centred around Queensland’s birthday on 6 June.
From Saturday 4 to Sunday 12 June 2016, Queenslanders are invited to get involved and share in this statewide celebration by:
- lighting or decorating buildings, monuments, landmarks, workplaces, shopfronts, houses and gardens maroon to demonstrate state pride
- hosting an event or promotion in the community, workplace or at home on or around Queensland Day, Monday 6 June
- registering an event or promotion on the online Queensland Week calendar
- registering to receive a free Queensland Week merchandise pack
- using the free resources and templates in the online toolkits.
Queensland Week resources
Start planning your 2016 Queensland Week celebrations by downloading these free resources:
- the Great Queensland Week Adventure Trail step-by-step toolkit to help you plan a trail in your community or school:
- Queensland Week poster
- Queensland Week poster template
- Queensland Week social media tile I love Queensland social media tile
- Queensland Week toolkit to access a range of templates for photo props, novelty decorations and resources.